ADVERTISEMENT

The 2A level

lunchbox180

Oct 15, 2004
exactly how tough is the 2A level... i mean when Grandview was in 3A they totally sucked, except for the fact that they had kevin floyd on their tennis team
and now they go undefeated in the 2A level?
well does that mean that wapato will actually have a winning record at the 2A level next year? because they are moving down to 2A....

It's a drop, just like 3A is from 4A. Grandview shared the CWAC crown but lost to MVL 4th place Selah and lost 5-0 to 2nd place Sunnyside. Wapato will be more competitive in 2A. League champs? Maybe once in a while. I look for Ellensburg and Selah to do really well in the CWAC.

Correction: East Valley Beat Grandview this Season, and lost once. They tied for first place. But they didn't go undefeated.

A 4-1 loss and a 3-2 win if I remember.
This post was edited on 5/12 7:22 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

oh ok, well i'm just mentioning it because wapato totally sucked this year, and i use to go there when they were ok, (2 years ago..., nice to know they will get out of the slump
This post was edited on 5/13 12:30 AM by lunchbox180if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I'm really not an expert on that district or anything, but the level of competition in 2A during the regular season is completely dependant on the district you are playing in. CWAC North is the toughest division this year by far, the south is not really a great indicator of the competition level at say the regional or state tournament.

There is a difference at state. A couple of years ago one of the Diaz kids placed at 2A. When they moved to 3A he didn't make it out of regionals. 3A has Lakeside, Seattle Prep, Mercer Island, etc... These schools have tennis as one of their "marquee" sports. Seattle Prep beat up on Big Nine champ Wenatchee. It's just a whole different world. I do agree that the south is not the best indicator. I know that Quincy lost to Sunnyside 5-0. That's the only comparison I can think of.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but next year Clarkston is going to be 2A as well. I'm sure that will be a huge relief for the mid-valley league, and it should scare omak and all the other teams out there seeing how Clarkston dominated the 3A gsl-mvl regional last year and just keep getting stronger. I see clarkston giving both omak, medical lake, and others a run for their money. Clarkston went 10-2 this year in the mostly 4A gsl league. Considering how small they are, i'd say that is pretty good. Look out!

Re: The 2A/3A level

I think Clarkston will do fine a 2A. They did win the Regional title last year because of a very weak singles division (see state tournament results). I don't know what their doubles looks like, but I wouldn't be surprised is the MVL swept the singles and took at least two of the three doubles, possibly all three. Nobody will beat Plesha, and Hanford's two Freshmen (Knox and Lan) are much better than Lei of Hanford. (Went to state last year) That Muzinski (SP?) kid may crack through against Lan, but I doubt it. On the doubles end, WV and Selah are a lock. I like either Sunnyside, Hanford, or GSL #1 to grab the third spot. Trust me, the MVL isn't viewing Clarkston move as a relief. Last year was the only time they made any noise. The MVL had at least 4 guys (the two Plesha's, Brantner, and Collinsworth) that would have beaten anyone from the GSL last year. I mean no disrespect to Clarkston, they are the best of the 3A's from the east, but I need to see more than one year against weak singles to convince me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT