ADVERTISEMENT

Toledo wins State Championship!

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
Congratulations to the Indians. Beat 3 excellent teams along the way. Okanogan, CPC and King's only loss was to the champs. Props to 2old4this. He picked Toledo as top team back in December.
This post was edited on 3/2 6:48 PM by Warrant3

Yet another example of a small town school where all the kids decide to play together from elementary school losing to a private school with a 50-mile recruiting radius and massively unfair advan...

Oh, wait. Toledo won?

Never mind!!!

Every public school in the state was rooting for Toledo just to shut up the over confident gabby privates. Congrats Toledo, we are all proud of you!

Really? I saw Lynden Public, Blaine, and Nooksack fans rooting for Lynden Christian. Why don't you just tell the truth and admit you pulled that out of your anus.

Althought I've been on this board for a number of years, I have posted very little this year. Bearhunter's comment prompted me to respond. I understand the private school-public school competition and trash talking at times by some. However, look at your comment and think about how the kids (and not the parents) at the private school who played on the team might feel. Obviously you didn't think much before writing. Very Bush League, bearhunter.

Congrats to Toledo. Very good coach and kids. Very impressive on the defensive end of the court. Not to add fuel to this conversation but isn't Toledos best player a transfer?
Bearhunter I'm not really a Private or a Public. Just a fan. I am happy a public school won. So lets talk about them and leave the privates out of it.
Lets save the talk about privates til next year when King's and Seattle Academy will be right back at the top of the rankings heap.

First of all want to congratulate all teams that made it to the state tourney and congrats to those teams that were able to take home some hardware. Especially the Toledo Indians who really came together playing some great ball down the stretch. Just to shed some light on the Toledo transfers,the rakoz family moved back to Toledo several yrs ago. Their dad had graduated from there and their entire family was there and the boys wanted to go and play with all the cousins, of which there were six on the team last yr and three this season. Just a family making a decision to return to their roots and it's been a great addition to the community. Once again,thanks for a great season to all the kids across the state who provided us fans with a wonderful season.

Congrat's to Toledo. Although I am an LC alum and would have loved to repeat, as a guy who's won a state championshiop themsleves you can't be too unhappy. It sounds like the Toledo kids are a bunch of great kids, and they really deserve it! Hope they cherish it for the rest of their lives. Congrats Toledo!!

BTW I'm in no mood to talk about the Private-Public thing....the best team won this year. Yes their best player is a transfer, and no it clearly wasn't recruiting, just like there really hasn't been any recruiting by the 1A privates. Because of this idiotic debate, I'm not looking at this board till the beginning of next season. It's been fun guys and I hope to see you all again next year to keep the debates going.

congrats to Toledo. two evenly matched teams, great defense on both sides and the team that played better won. it was painful to watch kings shoot so poorly, but credit some of that to Toledo's defense. a 6'7" high schooler that can handle the ball at point is a rare asset and it's pretty hard to match-up against someone like that. the fact that he can shoot and rebound and drive to the hoop makes him a major threat. with 7 seniors, this was probably Toledo's best shot at the gold ball, so good for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT