1. Toledo
2. Lynden Christian
3. Seattle Academy
4. Cashmere
5. King's
6. Cedar Park Christian

This post was edited on 2/24 8:01 PM by sportsfan503

This post was edited on 2/24 8:54 PM by sportsfan503

I can understand your picks. But I like LC to repeat, but I think if they don't repeat then its gonna be Cashmere. Toledo is very tough, and I think they will be in the Championship, but I don't think they will win it.

i don't know about toledo winning it. I was concerned that they coudn't just take it to baker

1. Toledo
2. Lynden Christian
3. Seattle Academy
4. Cashmere
5. King's
6. Cedar Park Christian

This post was edited on 2/24 8:02 PM by sportsfan503

This post was edited on 2/24 8:55 PM by sportsfan503

That was a false concern. Im not totally sure they can pull it off but they are well coached, athletic and can play multiple styles. Its going to be a good championship game

Ok I just haven't seen them play yet. Yeah should be a very good tournament! Lots of different possibilities I could see playing out. Well just have to wait till Thursday

If you want a comparison, LC beat Baker 67-34 this year. LC won't be intimidated by the physical play of Toledo one bit.

LC beat Baker way back in December, right after LC lost to Bellingham by 9 and were pissed. Baker is a different team now, as evidenced by their loss to Bellingham at end of season by 1. LC is better than Baker for sure, but the 30 point win in December is meaningless for comparison purposes.

Tough to compare those. Like it was said earlier, the Baker game was back in December for LC so and Baker had been playing well. However, I still think it is useful. LC is as physical as Baker, but with twice the talent. They matchup well with Toledo, and are equal or better at every position, if this matchup came to fruition. However, I think we'll see a rematch between Academy and LC. Academy is too athletic and physical, IMO, for Toledo. If Toledo made it I wouldn't be surprised though. As an LC fan Cashmere makes me a bit nervous, they played LC real tough. It was back in December, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened. Think LC will win by 10. Kings will win. SA over CPC. Toledo over Okanogan. LC by 10 over SA in the championship. Reimer leaves as undoubtedly the best player in School History.

LC
King's
Toledo
SA

LC
Toledo

And LC over Toledo in the Championship, Reimer is State Tourney MVP again and I agree with Addicted as far as Reimer being the best player to go through Lynden Christian

I think LC will repeat too. I agree that Reimer goes down as LCs best player in school history, but there have been some greats to come through LC over the years.

Cashmere over lynden christian
Kings over granger
Toledo over okanogan
Seattle academy over cedar park christian

I believe the final placings will be
1 Toledo
2 Cashmere
3 Seattle academy
4 Lynden christian
5 kings
6 okanogan

CTL, we obviously differ on the Cashmere-LC game. Do you think it will be close? And what makes you think that a 1A team will be able to beat LC, when its been 2+ years since that has happened? And CrazyKid...Grant Dykstra, Kyle Coston, Greg Burgers, Glenn Dykstra, Jess Pauley, and Paul Hafford could all have their case.

Reimer might be the best player to play at LC for sure. But don't forget about Dwayne Scholten who played professional over seas. Also Hafford played professional and both Grant and Glen Dykstra could have played professional I believe. Depends if you looking at the school career or what they did after.

If all goes as people are predicting, LC will have to beat three teams they have already beaten once this year. Not sure that is as easy as y'all making it out to be. CPC is probably the most dangerous of the three, because they aren't as bad as LC made them look and so LC might just think it 'll be a walk-over if they get that far. I thinnk they are the best team, just don't think they are going to be able to pull it off three nights in a row against teams motivated by revenege as well as the title.

dare I don't know how well you know LC but from your post I'm going to say very little. If you know Roger DeBoer you will know that there is not a team that he will over look. Knowing DeBoer rather well I have numerous examples that come to mind, such as him tell his team last year that they would lose to Kings last year by 30... if you remember LC won by 30. He never over looks a team, and neither will his players.

i've seen LC play. i don't know their coach. but he's not playing,. a bunch of 15-17 year old kids are. we will see what happens. in one breath people are saying this is as deep as it's been, in another they are talking coronation. which is it? of the 4 teams still in it they beat, only CPC was a blowout. i'm sure those teams have coaches too. but you're probably right, they're not as great as the great roger deboer. just think how good LC would be if he actually had talent. oh wait...he does

Haha calm down now guys noone corronated them yet. Crazy already said he wouldn't be shocked to see Cashmere pull the upset. And the coaching in this tournament is great, but the advantage for anyone has got to go to LC and Kings, with Cascade and Zillah out of there. And obviously you need talent to win, but I think you're forgetting the job Deboer last year. Lost a huge chunk of scoring to graduation from 2011, then lost three starters, one to transfer and 2 seniors to ACL tears, who were going to be 2 of the top scoring options to Reimer and the other was the top defender on the team. Started the season unranked and with only 2 guys who had seen a varsity minute. So lets not shortchange either what he has done.

BTW I wouldn't be shocked either if Cashmere pulled the upset. They've got a great team. And we all remember what happened last year when everyone was assuming Cashmere and Naches would be there so obviously you never know.

Dare no DeBoer isn't playing (Good for the Lyncs) But he is Coaching, and coaching is a crucial part of the game. And I'm not saying that Cashmere won't beat LC. Thank you addicted for pointing that out. What I'm saying is that LC will not over look anybody. They very possibly will loose, its just that they will not be overlooking anybody i promise you that.

To reply to a previous post...I'm going by what they did at LC. Forgot to mention Scholten though (who's son is a player for CPC) thanks for clarifying and pointing him out! If people want to talk about post career stuff as well, Kyle Coston is right there.

The beautiful thing about a message board is everyone gets to share their opinion and SPECULATE what might happen. We all got on here and speculated last year and an "under the radar" team won the title. I was convinced Cashmere or Zillah would probably get it done and believed they were the best 2 teams. And you know what, they probably were. Rarely does the best team win it unless they are completely dominant, like Lynden in the 2 a tournament. I think LC, Toledo and Cashmere are the best 3 teams with LC having the overall edge. That probably does not bode well for them because it will be very tough for them to get by 3 really good teams.I believe there is a better chance that they don't win the title over the chance that they will. There I go speculating again! LOL

I know you've seen many of the teams in the Tournament play this year 2old4this, but just wondering if you have seen Okanogan?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT