ADVERTISEMENT

Untouchables

Territory

Dec 12, 2005
Lets get this thread going for the year. Post all thoughts about probable untouchables-

189 Tate Collins looks to be a clearcut state champ. But who else from other peoples opinions. Also Meeks @ 145 from Orting looks to be extremely tough

I know Meeks took second at tri-state, but he is a freshman so I would not yet call him untouchable. I agree he is probably the best 145 pounder in the state, but lets allow him to prove that to us with a state title first. No need for undue pressure on a 15 year old kid.

Hmmmm Tate is probably in a class of his own at the 1A level. Is Homer (Columbia Burbank) at
189 this year ?

Meeks is tough but he will see Hector Aguila - Tonasket (which he beat 3-2),
Angel Ledezma - Royal City (he beat 4-1), Drew Walter Omak, Quinton Vickaryous - Onalaska, Daniel Sanchez - Goldendale, Ben Buck (Riverview maybe)....
All of these folks have the ability to beat Meeks.

I cant think of a list for Collins tho.

This post was edited on 1/5 12:18 PM by LuVeneif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

one thing i have learned from my years watching this sport is that there is no such thing as an untouchable. i have seen a lot of great wrestler have a bad day. as for tate collins i don't think he can beat the kid from aberdeen.

Just bringing some life to these forums, this thread has brought people here again at least!

I agree about Meeks, just said he looks like he could be a state champ

Oh I was not getting down on ya Territory!!!!!
I agree in fact, but it is tough for a freshman......

Mr Territory what is your real life name ?

ryan homer of columbia burbank is at 171. he also won the naches tournament for 3 strait time this weekend

Ryan Homer of Columbia Burbank is in no way, shape, or form an untouchable. A solid wrestler, don't get me wrong, but an untouchable is quite a stretch.

Logan Bowman @ 171 from Lake Roosevelt looks pretty tough. He always seem to give two time state champ Josh Campbell a good match last year.

Not saying he is an untouchable but since we were on subject of Homer @ 171 I figured I'd list another tough competitor.
This post was edited on 1/7 4:29 PM by Territoryif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

This post was edited on 1/7 4:31 PM by Territoryif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ok on the 2a side

Gabe Linquist at 130 from quincy is definitly a contender for state championships. Also some pretty good sophomores in max melburn at 215 to go to state, not necessarily win.

ryan homer is pretty darn good wrestler. he has a legitimate shot at winning a state title this year, but with the 2a schools dropping down, it will create more competition and an upset isnt out of the question

Orting is in 1A this year, right?? If so, I don't see anyone beating Tony Farrington at 119....or will he be @ 125? Probably doesn't matter....I don't think anyone in the 1A class will get in his way.

Arturo certainly has the swagger and raw physical ability to compete with Farrington, but does he have the right tools in the shed, along with the mental toughness to wrestle a very disciplined, potentially low-scoring, patiently paced match? Barajas will need to showcase and exercise all of his talents, especially patience and good wrestling position to beat an opponent with Farrington's experience.

In scramble situations, I could see giving him an edge over Farrington, but I just don't see them wrestling in that type of a match.

not to be disrespectful but how can u even say this BS
u out of any one should know that i have the mental toughness to wrestle anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!
i havew all raedy wrestle johnson and i had the "mental toughness"

arturo you are a great wrestler everyone knows that. but when are you going to learn to forget about what people say about you and just wrestle. when people say you cant do it just bite your damn tongue and use it as motivation. you have proved yourself against great wrestlers so continue to do that. if and in my opinion when you beat farrington, then you will have proved him and any other doubters wrong and that should be all that matters.

my opinion is Farrington is far the more technichal wrestler, I myself am rooting for Barajas he is a highly respected state champion but I give tony the edge based upon his technique, I would suggest to Barajas not to overlook Gateman either.

As much as i respect Aurturo, i dont know if his name should be thrown around on the Untouchable thread. He did win state, and he has a great coaching staff, but there are some other studs in his weight. And while he did win state, he did not do so in an untouchable fashion. Good luck kid

barajas at 125 should be state champ again. farrington will give him a match, but when i watched arturo wrestle kyle johnson from lakeside arturo smoked him, farrington only beat him by 1. i see arturo on top

I may be incorrect about the weights here, but Tyler Gateman is around these weights as well, and just beat Jim Belleville solidly last weekend. Vashon is also 1A now, and he could end up in the same bracket as Tony and Arturo. I won't even venture a guess between any of them, they are all capable of winning over the others. Anyone know for sure where Gateman is? And as far as Lindquist from Quincy 2A, he got handled 15-2 by Kellen Hopkins, and Sam Lane from Deer Park took 2nd at Tri State and placed in Utah last weekend. Both wt classes and divisions will be exciting at the dome!

Oh, Arturo, Arturo, Arturo...what a tangled web we weave!

First of all, young man, I did not state that you do not possess mental toughness; only that you would need, IMHO, to use all of your attributes, including mental patience and discipline to beat someone with Farrington's resume AND overall experience in the sport in all aspects. Furthermore, I do see where you lack mental toughness, or perhaps a thick skin, in accusing me of "BS", based on my non-insulting opinions or observations.

As for the comment from GLop, I will disregard his statement to you about others telling you that you "can't" do something, provided it wasn't directed at my post. In my previous posting, not once did I say that you "can't" beat Tony Farrington, or that you do not have the capacity to be mentally tough in a high-stakes situation.

I would speculate now, however, based on watching you over the past few years, that my money would be on Farrington. I don't even know the kid, and have no stake in rooting for him. You know that I am fond of your entire program in Royal and respect your entire team and coaching staff in all of your accomplishments. I only suggest that you be inspired to match your incredible intensity with patience. Good luck to you through post season action and I'll look forward to seeing you at the dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT