ADVERTISEMENT

WIAA Volleyball State Tournament Brackets - All Classifications

Too bad Colfax and Kings are on the same side of the bracket. Oh well, if things go as planned (and state has a way of unplanning those who don't have a plan) it will be one heck of a semifinal.

Both brackets are tough owing to a real strong 1A field this year, not an expert but that's what I've been told by more than a couple volleyball followers. The Connell v. Lynden Christian match in the first round looks like the money match of the first round. The winner get the privilege of playing most likely Lakeside. On the up side though the semifinal on that side could well be easier than the first or second round games for the lower half of the upper bracket.

We're following the Murphy girls who drew your Pullman Greyhounds....tough tourney experienced group from the Palouse. I'll be in lovely downtown Kennewick this week. Any suggestions on where to go... dining? beverages? stock auctions? radioactive rock collecting?

Colfax/Kings should be a doozy. Murphy lost 2x to Kings this year in 5 games (each match). Kings is very good, but I know Colfax is top shelf, too.

Should be fun.
This post was edited on 11/6 1:31 PM by CatFanz

Well first I'm very happy that the GNL got three births this season. With my niece playing C team for Colville I've started going to a few games and though I don't know much about volleyball Pullman, Colville and West Valley all looked real good and all beat and lost to each other and with the exception of Lakeside over WV didn't lose to anyone else. With how well they all played, how close the games were and how hard fought the matches it would have been a shame for one to not have made state.

That said it looks like Colville has the toughest road to haul of the GNL teams. First they have Grandview then should they find a way in that one they'll meet either Woodland or Lynden and if they fight their way out of that hole they'll again have to battle Pullman or find a way past ATM (or maybe Tumwater but I have no idea how tough they are). All those games as underdogs just to get to play most likely Selah (maybe West Valley) That's a tough road with no games they'll be favored in.

Pullman ATM looks like a real good first round match up. Selah looks like they kind of got the luck of the draw, I know at state nothing is easy but relatively speaking if they keep it together they should advance. West Valley if they advance could give them a game I'm sure, very athletic girls.

I know a bit about this...Grandview, Selah, Tumwater and Burlington-Edison are probably the class of the field. Pullman, Lynden, Colville and West Valley are a close 2nd. Then the rest of the field is right behind. But you know the old adage on the state tourney...if a team get's hot, it can inflict damage.

Funny thing about VB compared to all other WIAA sports. I think there's more parity amoung the classifications than any other sport. If you had a super tourney of 64 teams, Colfax could easily win it all or Mead or Blanchet or Kentwood or Selah, etc...each class has very tough teams.

Should be fun.

Pretty good observations Cat. Just a side note...Grandview has swept Selah twice within the past two weeks. Grandview will need to put that behind them and focus, focus, focus...to perform well at the big dance. You are right on...lots of good teams and you need to bring your A game. GO HOUNDS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT