ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson breezing through Districts by huge margins

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
and it continues against Prairie..............68-42..........yikes........... Wilson or Cleveland are going to be state Champs in 2013. I just hope Prairie can handle Bellevue.

Wilson won? What a shocker. I didn't see that coming. Did you statewide?
flush.r191677.gif

Sorry, couldn't help it.

wasports you sound quite bitter.... did you get cut from Prairie's basketball team as a kid or did your daughter get cut? Sounds like you have a reason to celebrate the losses at Prairie.

confused0024.r191677.gif

I did.
Is it bitter or just accurate? You knew they would Struggle in the post season. Folks just don't like to face the facts anymore.
What took 30 years to build has been demolished in 3 months. The sooner the AD figures it out, the sooner the program can get back on track.
And by the way, Kelso wins the league in 2014. They have shown substantial improvement at a time in which the Falcons seem to be loosing their way.
Now That has a BITTER taste to it. Sorry.

rolleyes.r191677.gif
This post was edited on 2/25 10:40 AM by wasports

me thinks there is more to this than just the truth. You do seem to have an axe to grind and you sing the praises of everyone but Prairie. You act like someone just out of diapers or perhaps just in to diapers. I'll guess the latter. The bottom line is that you found fault with Prairie with Aldridge and now without.

I have decided to hit the ignore button again for ole FalconFan Wasports. So now when I see his posts, I get this "This user is currently being ignored." Perfect!
This post was edited on 2/19 6:19 PM by statewide

This post was edited on 2/19 6:22 PM by statewide

This might be a stretch, but I got a hunch that not everyone is a Falcon fan. The conversation seems tolerable to you untill the predictions reach fruition. You being a tenured Falcon historian know better than anyone where this program is going. And it's not Tacoma in March. The prairie AD had an opportunity to sustain a successful program. But for some reason, he did not.
And by the way, why do you have an axe to grind with Kelso? Get cut from the team(s)?

This post was edited on 2/19 7:38 PM by wasports

I can handle you speaking the truth, wasports, but what I don't like is how it sounds like you actually WANT them to be bad. It sounds like you're rooting for them to fail. You can speak the truth without looking like you would love to see them fail.

Also, what gives you the indication that either of us had an axe to grind with Kelso? Please, quote it, I'd love to see it.

Your language and the emoticon in the first post indicates that you enjoy seeing Prairie fail.

You are honestly going to sit here and tell me that the following is you speaking the truth? To me, it looks like you being ecstatic about Prairie's downfall.

"Wilson won? What a shocker. I didn't see that coming. Did you statewide?
flush.r191677.gif

Sorry, couldn't help it. "

I'll allow another reply from you to explain yourself if you would like, but following that, I too will be ignoring you. And seeing as statewide and I are the only posters on this forum other than you, enjoy talking to yourself :)

Have a good day, buddy :)

It's not a desire to see Prairie, or anyone else for that matter, be unsuccessfull or to see a program diminish. It is quit the opposite.
The GSHL, and maybe HS basketball in general, us heading In the wrong direction. Too many other options for kids today, most requiring little or no effort. When the model programs fail to institute succession plans, or at least extensive searchs for qualified coaches, what does that do to the bar?
It doesn't appear that anyone is paying attention or care. Too many hires are made for the wrong reasons. We all know how important and impact a coach can be in a kids life. As much as being too aggressive (ie Cal coach) is not the answer, the lack of discipline can be just as detrimental to a program.
It doesn't do anyone any good to just watch this happen. Agreeing and worrying about hurting someone's feelings contributes to the problem. Explain to me how an AD with an extensive basketball history can consciously make the decision that was made?

As for the "Wilson won" comment : We all anticipated that weeks ago. It's disappointing that the people that matter didn't see it coming. Too bad Vegas didn't have a line on that one.

As for the comment regarding you having an axe to grind with Kelso, you never said so, I only assumed. As you assumed I did with Prairie, that being the point.
As for the
flush.r191677.gif
, just trying to get the point across. Recognize the situation, or move over Fort.

This post was edited on 2/25 10:45 AM by wasports

I am assuming that Wasports said we had an axe to grind against Kelso. My wife graduated from Kelso as did all her brothers and sisters and what I said about Kelso follows:

no surprise there really but have to hand it to Kelso as their free throw shooting was outstanding and kept them close

And Kelso, who scored 15 total points against Prairie early in the season, looked like the best team in a long time out of that school.

Statewides Prairie connection is now clear. Avoiding debate regarding the AD.
Makes sense now.

wow up 10 with a little over five and half minutes to go and Prairie completely loses it. This losing leads never happened with Aldridge team. Pretty obvious the new coach just doesn't have the knowledge to make adjustments and you always have to make adjustments to fit the situation. End of an era sad to say.

This post was edited on 2/24 11:12 AM by statewide

Sad day for the Falcons. I really, really wish they would go after another coach in the offseason. Why, with the big name Prairie possesses and Aldridge to use as bait, can they seriously not attract a better coach? Baffles me as to why they would hire Smith. I mean, I gave the guy the season's chance before I went off on him, but gosh. Prairie's athletic department really can't get a little bigger of a name? I figured a lot of big coaches would be after the job. Guess not.

Proud of the Falcons nonetheless, sad the seniors are leaving. Regardless of the possibility that this might be the end of an era, I will still follow and root for the Falcons every year. Go PHS!

I heard from a principal in the Evergreen School District that getting a great ball coach to replace Aldridge was not the priority. The priority was to bring that program down a bit to the level of the rest of the teams in the district. When you hire a guy who comes in with such a poor two year prior record, you gotta wonder if that was the case. I am sad to see this turn of events for Prairie. I have really enjoyed the last 20 years watching Prairie. Next year is really going to be the teller. I would not be surprised to see a few more transfers out. Even without Aldridge, this could have been a repeat year if they had Lanz and the Adams gal who transferred to Skyview before Aldridge left. Kids are going to go where they think it will be good for their basketball success. I am afraid that Prairie will now be losing players, not gaining.

Here are my predictions for this year:

2A Mark Morris
3A Wilson
4A Mead

And wow, I wonder when was the last time that not a single school in Boys 3A or 4A and not a single school Girls 3A or 4A is from SW Washington at The Tacoma Dome. But, I'll be there!!
This post was edited on 2/24 11:24 AM by statewide

That is idiotic! Why would you try to downgrade coaches and bring the program down?! I can't even imagine what reasoning they could have for that.

Indeed, Prairie had the capabilities to do some real damage. Let's hope little Alli Corral stays with Prairie and that the youth program will continue to attract some decent athletes to Prairie. Keywords: Let's hope.

And I would say your predictions on the state title winners this year are pretty good. Mark Morris is a heck of a team, saw them play twice this year and wow!

Maybe what that principal was really trying to say is that they wanted to get the power back by hiring a coach they could control. Nobody at Prairie High School controlled Aldridge in any way shape or form. I just don't see how the current coach had the resume to get the job. It is embarrassing.

Indeed. The program has attracted numerous great athletes, students, and fans. The student section was swelling for the girls games while it was just pretty good for the boys games. The whole school rallied around it. Hopefully something happens and they can somehow continue to compete.

just got back from the tournament last night. A real surprise in Arlington beating Lake Stevens. The Pahukoa twins are very very good. And Mead, they are one of the most well coached teams I have seen in awhile. Last nights game was Britney McPhee with a valiant effort but she was the entire team. Mead has several girls who score and they score because they run their offense to perfection. I don't see them losing. Be sure to watch the Lakeside vs Rainier Beach game. Both great teams but the way they are playing, I gotta go with Lakeside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT