ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 Predictions - Who you got???

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Last week was quite the rollercoaster for some teams and heart breaker for others. As we near the end of the season, this is were the big games get bigger. Division seeding is at stake so make your predictions.

MikeBacker32 - (6-3 last week, 22-11 Overall)
OldGrenadier - (7-2 last week, 18-7 Overall)
WashingtonSports - (5-4 Last week, 23-10 Overall) was a little overly risky last week, better go conservitive this week
smile.r191677.gif

LineBacker_65 - (5-3 first week)

Connell @ Cle Elum
Wahluke @ KiBe
Royal @ Burbank
Riverview @ La Salle
Granger @ Zillah
Goldendale @ Naches
Chelan @ Omak
Cascade @ Cashmere

I should wait until I hear a little more on injured reserve lists, but this is High School, I don't hear that information until Saturday the following week. So here it goes.
Connell @ Cle Elum - Cle Elum picks up a game with Connell instead of Highland, Unless the QB is sick, lol Connell should win this in a close one. Connell (24-21)
Wahluke @ KiBe - Wahluke is playing for a playoff seed and needs the win, but KiBe has been playing very well the past few weeks. Wahluke holds out in the second half to win (21-19)
Royal @ Burbank - Royal wins big. (44-0)
Riverview @ La Salle - This is my game of the week. both teams coming off upsets last week, but who will come out on top??? This could be a preview of the crossover game in 2 weeks. Going with experience this week, Tyutyunnik carries Riverview through (21-20)
Granger @ Zillah -Zillah easy win (42-7)
Goldendale @ Naches - Nachese rolls forward (35-7)
Chelan @ Omak - Chelan makes quick work of this one (42-0)
Cascade @ Cashmere - Cashmere remains on top of the CTL in this rivalry. (35-14)

This looks to be the most competitive week of the year in the SCAC. Both sides are in a jumble after their respective #1's (Royal and Zillah).

I like Connell over Cle Elum. Connell is done with league play and looking to fine tune for post-season opportunities.

KiBe looks like a much better organized team the past few weeks. Was the Wahluke win over River View a fluke? I don't think it was a fluke, but I still take KiBe in a very close one.

River View and La Salle both got shocked last Friday. Which will recover? It is non-league, but momentum matters as River View must beat KiBe the following week to have a chance at a meaningful crossover. I take River View because their playoff lives are still on the line.

Zillah over Granger. I heard that Dunsmore is done for the season for Zillah. Can anyone confirm that?

I expect Naches to ride their current wave of momentum over Goldendale. (Sorry Coach Hill)

Chelan should handle Omak by a couple of touchdowns.

I was surprised that the Cascade/Chelan score was so tight last week. I'll take Cashmere over Cascade.

If I'm not mistaken, the Cascade/Cashmere game is for the CTL's only playoff spot for the WIAA playoffs. Cascade might of been looking ahead to this game last week in their game against the Goats. I predicting an upset, with Cascade winning against Cashmere, for the CTL Championship, and their position into the state playoffs.

Duck would you stick with that pick knowing the cascade coach got ejected last week for insulting refs? Can't imagine he will win many arguments this week :) how come players miss 1 game and head coaches don't?

Connell over Cle Elum 35-28
KiBe over Wahluke 27-12
Royal over Burbank
Riverview over LaSalle 21-20
Zillah over Granger 35-14
Naches over Goldendale 33-20
Chelan over Omak 42-12
Cashmere over Cascade 38-35

Side note you have me @ 22-11 but its 22-10 because in week #6 you have me 6-3 but there were only eight games I was 6-2. not that it really matters
This post was edited on 10/22 9:26 AM by Mikebacker32

Ducks/Beavers - CTL only has one birth this year with only 4 teams in the league. They will play the SCAC #3 seed in the first round. This is the week is a most win if you want to play in the post season.

CTL - I agree, coaches should be setting the example for the kids. must have been a heated game.

MB_32 - you are correct, Week 6 numbers were off, as I forgot to change the 6-3 when I copied it from the previous week but totals are correct. Though I am surprised, there are no unconventional picks of wisdom this week. I at least went for Wahluke, though OldGrenadier is correct in that KiBe has been playing a lot better the past few weeks. This one may come back to bite me.

CTLFan,

I don't live in the CTL area anymore ever since my son graduated from Chelan, so I don't get the local scoop on the sports scene other than the final score in the paper. I checked the local websites and didn't find any stories about the head coach getting kicked out. The head coach for Cascade, Elia Ala'ilima-Daley, is also the Principal at the High School. I felt he was a "good guy" and wouldn't do something so stupid or crazy as to get booted from a game. But in the CTL, anything goes I guess. Remember Darren Talley, former Head Coach for Chelan, he provided pain injections to kids at Chelan, without their parents knowledge.......but I want to talk about football on this blog.

I still think that the Kodiaks have the talent to defeat Cashmere, but with the game played in Cashmere, and all the chaos created by Ala'ilima-Daley, it looks like Cascade has lots of obstacles in their way.

Bears like to eat dogs, so with that said, I still picking Cascade. Go Kodiaks!

The way I see it this week the Riverview/LaSalle and Wahluke/KiBe games could go either way so couldn't make up my mind on either of those. Either way those games go could be unconventional I guess.

The Riverveiw/La Salle game would be the unconventional pick. La Salle has come out this year to prove they can compete in this league and I actually believe they have the better overall talent to beat Riverview and at home they should be the better pick. Can't wait to see what they bring to this game.

The coach also has to sit out a game. The only way they can coach the next game is if he appealed the ejection and then won the appeal.

ADVERTISEMENT