ADVERTISEMENT

1A Brackets: Fill in the Blanks

Bystander13

Mar 16, 2008
It's hard to gather info about all the different playoff formats and leaders from the different districts around the state, so if you know (or have a strong suspicion) about who will be filling out the state bracket, please let us all know here.

Here are the districts and # of slots available in the bracket, along with what I know. Can you fill in more?

Dist 1 & 3: 4 spots. My guess is Kings, Charles Wright, and Meridian are in the mix, but don't know for sure.
Dist 2: 2 spots -- they play in the fall, and it looks like it will be Seattle Academy #1 and Overlake #2. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Dist 4: 3 spots. White Salmon will play the winner of Monday's Forks/LaCenter rematch for 1 & 2; Stevenson will play the loser for #3
Dist 5: 3 spots. Highland, Connell and Wahluke look like those with the strongest records, but what sort of playoff format do they use?
Dist 6 & 7: 4 Spots, but I can't even figure out what the 1A teams in these districts are. Is this Chelan, Brewster, Mabton, etc.?

Help us all out if you know anything about the teams still in contention and how the seeding from different districts will be resolved.

district 6/7 the four teams left are Chelan, Brewster, Manson, and Cashmere. They are in the semi fighting for the higher seeds. First semi, Brewster @ Manson. Cashmere @ Chelan both games at 5 pm.

District 1 is sending the following to this weeks Bi-District Tourney with District 3:

Kings (Dist. 1 #1 seed) will play
Coupeville (Dist. #2 seed) will play the District 3 #3 seed
Lynden Christian (Dist. #3 seed) will play the District 3 #2 seed.

Meridian got knocked out after losing to Coupeville and then losing to Lynden Christian.

You wrote:
"Kings (Dist. 1 #1 seed) will play " ????
Who will they play? The #1 from Dist 3? If so, I imagine that's a seeding game. And how do the other two play out; winners play for seeding spots 3 & 4? So, potentially, 3 of the 4 can come from Dist 1 OR Dist 3?
When are all these games happening?

Okay, they finally updated the brackets for Districts 1/3 Bi-Districts held at Mount Vernon High School on 5/16. Here's what they look like:

Kings (Dist 1 #1) plays Charles Wright (Dist 3 #1) at 5pm. (Winner is #1 seed to state, while loser is #2 seed to state)

Lynden Christian (Dist 1 #3) plays Vashon Island (Dist 3 #2) at 1pm (Winner is #3 to state and loser is out)

Port Townsend (Dist 3 #3) plays Coupeville (Dist 1 #2) at 3pm. (Winner is #4 to state and loser is out)

Does anyone from District 3 know how they determine their representatives to bi-districts? Was there a bracket or does it go on season standings or what????

District 5?

Anyone know who's likely to come from Dist 5 1A for this year's state bracket? They have 3 slots, and I imagine last year's #2 in state Highland and #4 Connell are in the mix. Any other info out there?

Kind of clear for District 4, White Salmon and Forks play for 1 and 2, both will host games at Tumwater next week. LaCenter and Stevenson get to play for the opportunity of playing Kings at Kings. Good luck.

Originally posted by forksspartandad:
Kind of clear for District 4, White Salmon and Forks play for 1 and 2, both will host games at Tumwater next week.
Correction: White Salmon will play its first state game at Kalama; Forks will be at Tumwater.

Originally posted by forksspartandad:
LaCenter and Stevenson get to play for the opportunity of playing Kings at Kings. Good luck.

Or could be Charles Wright. CWA and Kings play this Saturday for the 1 / 2 seed. CWA is 10-0 (with only 3 goals against all season) so I wouldn't count them out quite yet. LaCenter/Stevenson winner gets the winner of that game for Round 1.

Sounds and looks like some interesting games this week all over the state. Are there any other things changed out there that anyone knows about? We had been told that both games would be at Tumwater, Kalama is a good field and closer to White Salmon though. How are the other districts playing out. Oh, didn't mean to over look CW, looked at them after I posted, should give Kings a good game. Keep us posted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT