ADVERTISEMENT

2a Final Four

nunya_biz

Oct 21, 2008
Cedarcrest vs Othello
WF West vs Selah

Let's here what people got to say, opinions anyone??? That would be pretty cool for the CWAC to have two teams in the finals, heck, it's good that they have two in the final four..... Does any one team have an advantage over the other, or are all four evenly matched??? When it comes to coaching, who has the best staff out of these 4 teams??? i think coaching is going to play a huge role this weekend!!!! Good luck to all four teams...

If the Cedarcrest coach is smart (which is not usually) Cook will not pitch the first game unless it is absolutely needed.

Selah will get by WF fairly easily and face up against Cedarcrest in the Finals. How good of a pitching matchup would it be to see Fife vs. Cook!

WF West will win the 3rd/4th place game.

And for the final.....I can't pick this one!!! This will be one amazing matchup and a rematch of the Semis in 2007 in Wenatchee!!

i disagree that selah will get by wf west easily..i think that game could go either way. i also dont see why cedarcrest wouldnt throw cook. othello hits and could very easlily beat cedarcrest if cook does not pitch, if cook pitches cedarcrest wins.

I agree burgundy, all 4 of these teams are here for a reason, they are darn good. Plus you always throw your ace in game 1, it only makes sense, you gotta get to the big show first and then see what happens, think all four of these teams threw their big gun in game 1 of the regionals last weekend. Cook and Fife being as good as they are probably get their squads to the big dance, but ya never know, Othello has some red hot sticks....bottom line is pitching wins and I think Cedarcrest and Selah have the best pitching for a 2 game show. But do not count out Othello, they have absolutely been crushing the ball lately!!

Actually, Cedarcrest only used Cook for 5 outs in the first game and not at all in the second. Cameron Padron started the first game and went 6 1/3 before Cook relieved him. Cook was untouchable for Centralia. The first kid hit a nubber in front of the plate and then Cook struck out the next four on about 15 pitches.

Cedarcrest feels confident with any of their pitchers going out there...Bishop and Padron can take care of an important game but might not overpower and dominate like Cook can.

To pitch Cook in the second game against (most likely) Selah and their ace Fife was a hope. I wanted to see those two go head to head.

All i've heard about Cedarcrest all week was about there pitching, so i'm assuming their pitching is pretty good............. So out of curiousity, how is their hitting????

I think alot of people want to see Cook vs Fife, if they over look Othello and WF West, they just might get to see Cook vs Fife....... for the 3rd and 4th place game
laugh.gif

Do you still want to ask about their hitting??? Othellos only played run in the game was unearned..Cook surely threw a gem today.

cook did throw a gem today, he really didn't want to end his third appearance in the state championships with another 3 to 1 loss like we have the past two years. he came out, he did a great job of shutting down a good team, and his offense finally backed him up this year with a nice 12 runs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT