7 LaSalle vs. 10 Newport
2 Zillah vs. 15 Klahowya

5 Colville vs. 12 Connell
4 Meridian vs. 13 Elma
8 Montesan vs. 9 Mt. Baker
1 Royal vs. 16 Riverside

How is Meridian a 4 seed didn't Lynden Christian win league

and How is Cascade Christian a 11

Meridian and LC split during the regular season and both finished 4-2. Meridian won the numbers draw for seeding into the week 10 crossovers.

How is Meridian a 4 seed didn't Lynden Christian win league

and How is Cascade Christian a 11
Cascade Christian as an 11-seed is not a surprise. They play in a weak league with serious strength of schedule issues and played one legitimate team in their schedule (Steilacoom) and lost 51-6, trailing 38-0 at half. Not exactly a resume that speaks top half of the bracket.

It's fine and dandy that many still look at the AP poll, but the true fact is the sports writers around the state follow 4A/3A seriously (I know there are some exceptions) for their readership and rate the old reliables high in smaller-school polls. CC being ranked 5th in the AP says it all as most computer measurements (ScoreCzar, MaxPreps, etc.) had them in the mid- to low-teens.

Cascade Christian as an 11-seed is not a surprise. They play in a weak league with serious strength of schedule issues and played one legitimate team in their schedule (Steilacoom) and lost 51-6, trailing 38-0 at half. Not exactly a resume that speaks top half of the bracket.

It's fine and dandy that many still look at the AP poll, but the true fact is the sports writers around the state follow 4A/3A seriously (I know there are some exceptions) for their readership and rate the old reliables high in smaller-school polls. CC being ranked 5th in the AP says it all as most computer measurements (ScoreCzar, MaxPreps, etc.) had them in the mid- to low-teens.
Yeah I see that I didn't go with the state poll I figured a league champ would get a high bid

6 Lynden Christian vs. 11 Cascade Christian
3 Hoquiam vs. 14 Stevenson
7 LaSalle vs. 10 Newport
2 Zillah vs. 15 Klahowya

5 Colville vs. 12 Connell
4 Meridian vs. 13 Elma
8 Montesan vs. 9 Mt. Baker
1 Royal vs. 16 Riverside
I am both surprised and not surprised about the seeding here....did Zillah deserve the the 2 seed? Arguments could be made yes, but they had what maybe 1 ‘close’ game and that was with La Salle? The league they play in is very weak.....Naches and Highland have a good team maybe 1 time every 10 years or so and La Salle has recently come into the scene....Royal the same.....I am more surprised about Montesano and Elma seeding....Monte losses are to an extremely tough Woodland team and a Hoquiam team that is on a roll....Elma has lost to both Monte and Hoquiam and that’s it, both games were even close!!! I feel that Elma should have gotten a little higher and maybe Hoquiam and Zillah should be flopped.....but hey that is just me I am Harbor born and raised but spent some time in the SCAC over at Naches and watched them get steam rolled every weekend....

I am both surprised and not surprised about the seeding here....did Zillah deserve the the 2 seed? Arguments could be made yes, but they had what maybe 1 ‘close’ game and that was with La Salle? The league they play in is very weak.....Naches and Highland have a good team maybe 1 time every 10 years or so and La Salle has recently come into the scene....Royal the same.....I am more surprised about Montesano and Elma seeding....Monte losses are to an extremely tough Woodland team and a Hoquiam team that is on a roll....Elma has lost to both Monte and Hoquiam and that’s it, both games were even close!!! I feel that Elma should have gotten a little higher and maybe Hoquiam and Zillah should be flopped.....but hey that is just me I am Harbor born and raised but spent some time in the SCAC over at Naches and watched them get steam rolled every weekend....
Now just to clarify here with Naches Valley, the last time they had any sort of a team the one player that carried that team was Nic Lukehart....

Royal the same? Granted the bottom half of the SCAC east isn’t tough but there isn’t a better top 2 in any other league. Since 2000 Royal or Connell have won 10 titles (one of Connell’s was 2A). Twice they have met for the title and have a combined 16 title game appearances in that time. Our 3rd and 4th place teams have to face a Zillah or LaSalle to even reach the playoffs.

Royal the same? Granted the bottom half of the SCAC east isn’t tough but there isn’t a better top 2 in any other league. Since 2000 Royal or Connell have won 10 titles (one of Connell’s was 2A). Twice they have met for the title and have a combined 16 title game appearances in that time. Our 3rd and 4th place teams have to face a Zillah or LaSalle to even reach the playoffs.
Ok 2 teams.....3-4 total really isn’t much....they are so stacked year in and year out that no-one really has a chance against them.....you look at the Evergreen and any of the 5 teams have a shot every year!!!! Granted it’s just 5 teams....now with the trico anyone can be top dog any given year....

You’re right about the Trico any of those 6 could win league then go out first round of the playoffs. Without Monte in the Evergreen you could say the same for the rest of those teams the last 10+ years. Just because a league has a bunch of evenly matched mediocre (Trico) teams does not make it tough, unless you are only looking for league titles.

I suppose it is good to have a easy schedule, however, I don't think it matters at this point. We have to remember that this is 1A football so every league is going to have easy games. GoKnights said it best, SCAC teams have a long string of championships and the 2 times in the past 12 years the split up Connell and Royal, it was a trip to the dome to square off. Not that we all have our rebuilding years. Zillah and Hoquiam would meet in the semi finals and have the same amount of competition so 2/3 doesn't really matter. I would give to Zillah as they were beating Ellensburg who is a top 2A team prior to the game getting called early (this is why we don't see a score), whereas Hoquiam's only 2A competition was a meager 1-8 Aberdeen team, but they were still undefeated and played some tough 1A teams.
I was suppressed that LaSalle got #7 where they could potentially play a conference game with Zillah in the next round

I suppose it is good to have a easy schedule, however, I don't think it matters at this point. We have to remember that this is 1A football so every league is going to have easy games. GoKnights said it best, SCAC teams have a long string of championships and the 2 times in the past 12 years the split up Connell and Royal, it was a trip to the dome to square off. Not that we all have our rebuilding years. Zillah and Hoquiam would meet in the semi finals and have the same amount of competition so 2/3 doesn't really matter. I would give to Zillah as they were beating Ellensburg who is a top 2A team prior to the game getting called early (this is why we don't see a score), whereas Hoquiam's only 2A competition was a meager 1-8 Aberdeen team, but they were still undefeated and played some tough 1A teams.
I was suppressed that LaSalle got #7 where they could potentially play a conference game with Zillah in the next round
What about the undefeated 2A Sequim team that was played before the final game against Forks? I am not degrading any team or league and I apologize if it sounded like that....years past District 4 has gotten the shaft in the draw having to play the likes of Kings, CCC and Meridian....those 3 teams have good history in the state playoffs...when you look at Royal and Connell their only competition was each other where in District 4 you have the Evergreen and Trico teams who have good teams every year....

ADVERTISEMENT