ADVERTISEMENT

Central 2B

TricoGuy

Jan 8, 2004
Come on guys. Not much talk around here. Is Adna really that good? I don't think so. White Pass and Wakiahkum have good teams this year. WP made 1A playoffs last year and is returning a lot of starters. Wak just reloads every year. What about Toutle Lake? Are they returning to form or will they be on the outside again? Someone agree or argue with me. Something....

Having watched the Pirates play last year and seeing what they have coming back, I say yes. They have #'s, talent, size and more importantly, speed coming back. But, they also seem to be the TOR of the central league... just can't seem to put it all together.
I think White Pass will certainly be a top dog and should battle with Adna for that #1 slot. Unfortunately, neither team has a very tough pre-season schedule, other than WP playing Onalaska and Adna scheduling Winlock. About the only way to gauge these teams will be if they lose.
We will really find out how things will pan out in the Central 2B when the Mules travel to WP on the 29th of Sept and then travel to Adna the following week. That will be when things get decided.

WHS

Adna is really be that good IF they can control their turnovers. Their line is tough both O and D...Had a kid with pirate blood transfer from Cali and had 200+ yards against Winlock with Adna's star running back getting healthy on the sidelines. For the first time in a while, adna's offensive weapons are deep. However...white pass is going to be tough--rowdy payne is a stud...if both teams stay healthy...league championship will be at adna with adna and white pass in a blood bath...

adna is overhyped and overrated just like every year. they really aren't that good or as good as people make them seem. winlock is absolutely terrible and thats why adna was able to manhandle them. its gonna end up Wah. then WP, and toutle and adna will battle it out for 3-4.

hmmm, Adna rolls up 1A Winlock, a team that plays in one of the top 1A leagues in the state... Toutle, gets a win from 2B Raymond who only posted 88 pts in league last year and will be lucky to go 3-7 this year.

I agree that White Pass will certainly be fighting for the top slot, but it will be with Adna! The Mules have a lock on third and from there... well, it really doesnt matter now does it.

If Toutle has any chance at making the post season in the Central this year, they will have to play more than one "game of their lives" to get there. So, with that said, anything is possible and there is a reason we play the game.

WHS
This post was edited on 9/8 2:58 PM by WHS1982if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT