ADVERTISEMENT

District 4 Opening Round Tonight

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Tumwater at Ridgefield: Ridgefield is tough in their own (very small) gym, but if Tumwater can stop Nichole Kates and Shelby Williams or limit them then the game belongs to the Thunderbirds. Williams and Kates are really the only big scorers for the Spuds. They often account for 4/5 of the points, more or less.

W.F. West at River Ridge: I've seen River Ridge play and they are a potential title team this year, and I think this should be their game. But W.F. West upset the Hawks last week did they not? Don't know much about the Bearcats' team this year but despite the upset last week I still think the Hawks will take this game. It's playoffs, they're gonna go hard.

Hockinson at Elma: This should be Elma's game by a good amount. Earlier this year the Eagles thumped the Hawks by 30. Hockinson just doesn't have the firepower Elma does. McCarty vs Thomas should be a fun matchup though still! 6'1 senior Amanda McCarty and 5'10 senior Ashley Haden are the only real consistent scorers for the Hawks. Eagles have quite the arsenal. Man if they had Levanen healthy they would be crazy! Elma should take this one at home.

Black Hills at Woodland: Woodland's got several girls who can score but they are definitely beatable. Hockinson and Ridgefield both nearly toppled the GSHL champion during the regular season. Black Hills needs to slow the game down and make Woodland shoot from the outside. Emily Smith is a tough 6-footer sophomore on the wing and can hurt you from anywhere on the court, and on both ends. I'll take Woodland over Black Hills but I will not rule out the upset.
This post was edited on 2/26 4:34 PM by HockSports

elma over hockinson 73 51 up 30 6 after one 46 16 half 64 27 after 3 played bench most of second half.
heard black hills beat woodland but have no score

Big win for Elma, congrats.

I too do not have score but talked to a parent and Black Hills did beat Woodland. Next Hockinson and Woodland will face off in a loser-out game at Kelso. Woodland beat Hockinson by 3 in the final regular season game. Should be a good game.

I'll post the other scores if I hear 'em.

EVCO makes a clean sweep of the GSHL.

Elma 73, Hockinson 51
Tumwater 54, Ridgefield 42
Black Hills 71, Woodland 60

Anyone have the River Ridge-WF West score?
This post was edited on 2/26 9:16 PM by HockSports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT