ADVERTISEMENT

Mid Valley League Baseball

tim_the_tooth

May 15, 2003
Twentyone days until the season begins!! What does the Mid Valley look like this year. I know that West Valley has a great team with Walk and Urquart (seems like they have been in WV's lineup forerver), but how is the rest of the MVL going to look? If Wapato gets on here and tells me they are going to win the state championship like they said last year I will throw up!!!

ya west valley will most likely be at the top. selah will be young, but will have some pitching. eburg should be decent as well. i dont know enough about hanford. sside and wapato will be able to win some games if their #1 pitchers throw well

Ellensburg's season rides on the young arms of their two returning starting pitchers. If those two can step it up as Juniors and add to their success as sophomores, they could do well. Josh Kopczynski has got to be a force at the plate and behind it as well, becoming even more of a leader than he already is. Nick Cawley-Murphree will have to take his immense knowledge, love, and hard working attitude for the game and turn it into a breakout season, and David Huitron has got to find his sweet switch hitting stroke at the plate, improving on his already great defensive capabilities.

It's going to be tough for them losing 3 outstanding coaches from last season however, as Coach Smith, Coach Garrow, and Coach Rittereiser have all moved on. Whomever they hire as JV coach has alot of organizing and planning to do, picking up the slack from those three coaches last year who did over 90% of that stuff.
This post was edited on 2/10 10:39 AM by deanstaif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

well i dont know if i agree with you on the coaching thing. IF your rit. then ya coach rit. is awsome but the other two im not so sure about, both of the other two coaches um know what there talkin about but are kinda JERKS about everything. but yes eburg has a good shot if the two young guns can throw like last year. I have tons of confidence for this year and im lookin forward to it, the new jv coach is gonna be good for the team.

It's always easy to criticize and blame other people. Perhaps they said things that needed to be said but didn't say it very nice, or perhaps they were a bit intense, or not "soft" enough. No excuses however. I know that they'll end up somewhere else, rumors are floating around about Coach Smith ending up in Selah helping out where he worked summer ball and they loved him, and Coach Garrow at Thorp/Easton as the head coach. Sorry you felt they were jerks, I know they never intended that to happen, but that's life. They both wish you the best in your upcoming season and in your future life. See you around town.
This post was edited on 2/9 1:14 PM by deanstaif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

well thanks for the well-wishes i guess. and ya i do hope that you do get a job somewhere like selah with those kids who apparently dont like to have fun. cus last time i checked baseball is supposed to be fun and for me you were the first coach i had that took the fun out of the game i love so i guess i am just have some hard feelings left over from last seasons situation but no offence to you(just your coaching style) ya not soft enough,psh i had no problem with your intensity just your attitude and jerk-ness. Good information + Jerk delivery = 0 results. good luck with selah

I am not sure I agree about eburg. Ritteriser was their whole team last year, as well as his dad holding down the pitching staff and keeping the team together when things started out rough last season. Yes, their young pitchers had some wins at the end of the season, but it came against a Selah team that was stumbling at the end of last year. I guess we will wait and see what happens on the field!

eburgcam, you must be a wimp if you're complaining about your coaches intensity. intensity + talent = winning = fun. Winning is fun. too bad eburg coaches can't be intense cuz that might jepardize you haveing fun. i bet you werent complaning when you beat selah. now you sit back and take jabs at your coaches who prepared you for those wins against selah. that's what you call a front runner. the cornerstone of any good program is its coahcing staff and it looks like eburg might have to bring in a bunch of pansy coaches who will coddle your self esteem. you wouldn't make it a day at selah or west valley or ephrata.

It's not healthy to hold a grudge bud. Good luck in your future. I wish you and the rest of the Ellensburg Bulldog Baseball Team the best of luck for the 2006 season, and hope to meet you someday again on the field, or on the sidewalk to say hello. Hope you can make the Varsity squad and make a difference for the team. I know we all do.

well thanks deansta, i hope i make varsity too but im not shure. (it could happen since some infeilders might not be comin out for ball this year) im not trying to hold a grudge i just had to get it out there since i havent talked to you since last season. I dont hold anything against you...i did at one point tho thats all ive been tryin to say. ( ya ill see you around especially if you get that selah job)----------- And to you Mr. Ham-n-eggs... when did i ever complain about my coaches intensity? in fact i said the opposite, and i quote from an earlier post "i had no problem with your intensity just your attitude and jerk-ness." Intensity + talent does eaqual success. and what u r talkin about is the varsity team, i am just talkin to my old JV. coach from last year (i never played varsity, i was only a freshman.)so ya you maybe should stick to your own business. (or not you know whatever) And ya i could handle selah, why would i not be able to. r u guys baseball gods down in selah or what? ur the fricken shiz huh?
This post was edited on 2/11 6:56 PM by EburgCamif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

this thread has a title "Mid-Valley League" not "im from eburg and im gunna bitch"... go somewhere else and do it... i dont wanna read it..

ya hes not a bad player, you could be right. i hear he's going to play for the pak this summer.

On a side note:

Ellensburg 10 runned ArchBishop Murphy of Everett in game 1 of a double header. Bailes pitched the majority of the game, Stehle was backup. Bails hit 1 homer and was 7-9 in the duration of both games i believe.

Game 2 looked bad, 14-9 at the bottom of the 7th eburg at bat (eburg down). They picked up some big hits, loaded the bases and ArchBishop Murphy pitchers walked/beaned a few runs in, and gave up some more on hits. Eburg won 15-14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT