ADVERTISEMENT

My Week 2 top ten

WHS1982

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2003
Here's how I see it;

9/5/06 Top Ten

#1 Davenport - the perennial powerhouse for 05'
#2 Adna - a big win in game #1 vaulted them up.
#3 Life Christian - we will see, they need a big win against TB to stay in top 5
#4 Asotin - two tough pre-season games, but another blow out goose egg and they will drop as well.
#5 Reardan - tough call, will need to see how they play against a tough opponent.
#6 White Pass - could swap with LC with a another big win.
#7 LaSalle - squeaked by Desales, they still need a couple of big time wins to really prove they belong.
#8 Willipa Valley - quality program, they will always find ways to win.
#9 Desales - they are dropping and may just drop out of the top ten if they 0-fer preseason.
#10 Ocosta - they had a good season last year in arguably the toughest 05' 1A league.
#11 Concrete - my sleeper team, I would keep an eye on these guys.

WHS

My comments..

Davenport: I agree
Adna: too high IMHO, we'll see though
LC: see Adna
Asotin: about right
Reardan: should be higher
White Pass: agreed
LaSalle: about right
WV: thanks, but Waki should be here
DeSales: have the mighty finally fallen? Stay tuned!
Ocosta: agreed

Concrete: well, they do have a good coach ;D

I would rethink on Ocosta,White Pass will look good next week only because they are playing Mossyrock. Adna lost Rodgers (rb/lb)for about 5 weeks (broken arm)and Lininger(te/lb)is out indefinitely,pending MRI on monday (Knee).

not so fast on mossy. the onalaska game was a lot closer than the score showed and the pe ell game was as close as the score showed, pe ell scored on a kick return and a interception return both in the 4th. mossy has a couple guys back and will give wp a game, beat them? probably not but it won't come easy for the panthers. adna is way overrated. wahkiakum will beat them bad here soon.

Well cwukid you sound like your on top of this Mossyrock troop so tell me about this freshman (Brown)they have. Also would this game been as close if Rae (starting qb)had played?

that brown kid is a machine. his name is Christian Brown and he is probably a 6'2 or so 225 lb. freshman. he is good. he had 2 critical stops of 4th and short plays in the white pass game and the coaches like him because he is VERY coachable. really good athlete for his size. he will be tough over the next few years.

i knew mossy would play wp a lot tougher than everyone was saying. if the rae kid played it might now have went to overtime, but mossy's D flew around all night long. and on offense, they were inside the 10 three times and couldn't convert. they played tough, hopefully they can take a little of this momentum and confidence down to wahkiakum on friday night. they will play them tough too i believe, especially since the Savant kid is unfortunately out for the season or whatever.

The Brown kid had a very good game not taking anything away from him. But remember he's a 17 yr old Freshman.Them extra years of age makes a diff. He's a good player but not really a Fresh.

either way he is still a freshman at the school. so we'll be seeing lots of him in the future.

Is there an age limit on eledgability? Also hasnt he had trouble in the past staying eledgable?I know he played junior high for at least three years.

I actually believe he is only 16. and eligibility was an issue in the past but from what i've heard, at mossyrock he's been doing fine so far and working to stay eligible. i guess his attitude has changed a lot over the last year or so, so i guess time will tell

I hope things work out well for him. I was told he should have been junior thats why I asking. Everybody diserve's a second chance.

yeah i agree .. he deserves it and from what i've seen and heard he seems to be doing better. sometimes all a kid needs is just a change in their surroundings/ environment and a little encouragement/motivation from someone like a coach they look up to. and as for the age of eligibility i believe it is 19, but also from 7-12 you can only play 6 years of a sport i think. so if a student is held back and plays say jr. high football for 3 years instead of the standard 2 then their can be eligibility issues there also. not super sure about how that works but it seems like i've heard that before somewhere.

From 18.4.0 of the WIAA handbook,
Under 20 on Sept 1st for fall sports
Under 20 on Dec 1st for winter, and
Under 20 on Mar 1st for spring.
From 18.14.0 of handbook,
from start of 7th grade, 6 consecutive years of eligeability max.
But, there are some special exceptions...

I agree, that participation in sports can make all the difference and have personally seen it do so. In fact, football in my opinion is one of the best character building activities for a young man!

WHS

thanks for the info. i knew i was close but wasn't quite exactly sure of all the rules.

i agree with you. football can build character for a lot of young men who need it at that time in their life. it really can change lives.

After Adna losing to toutle , that gives toutle some breathing room, i just think adna came into that game thinking they were gunna crush them from the get go, but boy...Davidson sure did wake them up with a 58 yd opener for a TD.

After Adna losing to toutle , that gives toutle some breathing room, i just think adna came into that game thinking they were gunna crush them from the get go, but boy...Davidson sure did wake them up with a 58 yd opener for a TD.

ADVERTISEMENT