ADVERTISEMENT

NWC is getting interesting........

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
...with Lynden and Anacortes tied at the top of the standings. Sedro-Woolley and Sehome are a game back, with Squalicum a game behind those two. I think Lynden and Anacortes will win out. I expect Sedro to lose one more game at Lynden. Sehome and Squalicum still play L.C., and Squalicum has to travel to Anacortes for the last regular season game. Keep an eye on L.C @ Squalicum. That's a huge game for the Storm and they have the Lyncs at home.

Today it's looking like Squalicum can start preparing for next year. It also looks like Anacortes will lead the 2a into districts, as Lynden has to play Ferndale without the Hastings youngster. Ferndale just beat Oak Harbor at the Harbor and are looking to head to district with a late season run.

I'm not quite ready to write off Squalicum. They are one game behind Sehome and Sedro, and they hold the tie-breaker with the Mariners. While I would agree they are underdogs, I think the Storm have a punchers chance to beat the Lyncs at home. I predicted Lynden to win out before I heard Hastings was hurt. I'd still call that game at Ferndale a toss-up. I like the young Ferndale team, but they have been inconsistent. They knocked off Anacortes yet lost to Bellingham and Squally.

Squally and Lynden win Tuesday

Well, Squally and Lynden both win tonight. Things are getting really interesting now.

Re: Squally and Lynden win Tuesday

Lynden barely got by Meridian. Anacortes slaughtered Ferndale. Squalicum has to beat Anacortes at Anacortes. I don't see that happening. The best Squalicum can do is hope for a playoff. I don't believe there is a tie breaker regarding regular season wins to get into the District tournament. I can understand for seeding in the district, but not getting into district. Should be a playoff.

Looks like Anacortes for the top seed with Lynden second followed by Sedro then Sehome. I sure messed up with the Ferndale though.

Re: Squally and Lynden win Tuesday

Sehome is in the drivers seat for the last playoff spot, but they do have to play at L.C., then host a scrappy B.E. team. It will be interesting to see if and when Hastings returns to the Lynden lineup. If he doesn't make it back they are in some trouble. In the mean time, the Lions don't care how pretty the wins are.

Sehome beats LC

Sehome keeping it going. I think they are in with a win against BE.

ADVERTISEMENT