ADVERTISEMENT

Okanogan wins Royal Tournament 1A?

Highsteps

Feb 22, 2006
With Okanogan's easy win of the Royal Invitational Tournament is there any impact on how you see the 1A playoffs? I would still see Concrete, Chelan and Monte as the most likely top dogs - but what do you think?

I agree, Monte, and Chelan, Nooksak have to be the favorites. Concrete could definitely compete in any division, but I believe they are 2B. What happened to Chelan against Okanogan in the second game? Do you have all the results of the Royal Tourney? I understand that there was not much competition?

On the Chelan second game with Okanogan, which Chelan won 5-1, Okanogan's bats could not hit the pitcher that they knocked out of the first game - quite a change. I guess someone from Okanogan said there was not much competition at the Royal Tournament, since everyone but them lost one or more games. Funny thing viewpoints.

River View was pretty strong at the tourny. They did amazing against Royal. Best D all Season. Okanagon/River View would have been a good game. They only lost because they got scheduled to play conells jv. RV played their Jv/c team against conells jv. It wasnt very fair for them because they had to play lesser teams...not great practice for the rest of the season. Watch out for RV.

I thought the SCAC teams did well, but the competition needs to be upped. Ki-Be played some close games with Royal and then Othello. Did they play Othello's Varsity..if so watch out because Ki-Be will be strong.

Okanogan 35, Tacoma Baptist 4 in two innings
Okanogan 14, Connell 1 in four innings
can't remember score of finals with Othello JV but it was not real close

Yes, SCAC teams did pretty well, but....
Connell JV/C was there, and Othello JV (Both of which are good)
Did Connell JV Beat RV? I didn't see a score.
Okanogan really didn't have too much Comp in the games they had.

Ki-Be beat Royal 5-0
Ki-Be lost to Othello JV 7-6 in the last inning (yikes)

Then I went home. Are any of the teams going to the second tournament???

The Second Royal Tourney is loaded.
Nooksack Valley (8-0)
Lynden Christian (4-1?)
Cedar Park Christian Beat lakeside
Brewster (4-4)
Warden (7-2)
Touchet (7-1?)
Royal (4-5)

I think the winner of this tourney should be ranked top three at state,with Chelan and Monte.

The 8th team at the Royal Tourney is Mabton = Record (???) They seem to be struggling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT