ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy Beats Cashmere 66-58

Quincyfan05

May 17, 2008
Quincy beat Cashmere tonight, Jacob Durfee had 31 points. The Kid is a stud. Jacks now have wins over Selah and Cashmere. Off to a surprising start, Lets see if they can keep it up.

That is surprising. Was Cashmere missing any key guys? No one knows what to expect from Quincy. CTL may be a dog fight.

I believe Cashmere had all their players, Quincy just beat em. I think the CTL is up for grabs this year. Anyone can take it.

Is Quincy really an 1A school? I heard they have more freshman than Okanogan has in the 9th through 12th grades combined.

Yes, they really are a 1A school, schools can opt to play up a classification, but not down. Also, with the classifications being the way they are, it might be that Quincy is barely under the cutoff where Okanogan is barely over resulting in the disparity.

Quincy was barely under the limit for students.......this year. They will be moving back up to the 2A level after next year. Peterson always has his teams ready to play, CTL should be fun this year!!

Ya the classifications are completely screwed up. Quincy has spent the last few years playing schools like Selah, Ellensburg and Prosser. Let me tell ya, it has not been fun. Quincy will be moving up to 2A and will have to face teams like West Valley Yakima which has twice as many students as Quincy. Basically we are either the largest 1A School or the smallest 2A School. I wish we could go back to the old way of organizing classifications.

I feel your pain, however, you probably won't be playing West Valley as they will more than likely move back up to 3A when Quincy moves back up to 2A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT