ADVERTISEMENT

Sehome blisters Nooksack.........

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
....71-40. Another long night for the Pioneers. I'm a big fan of LaBree and the job he has done at Sehome. He has another good team. No stars in the group, but they play hard, and they play smart.

Big fan of AJ, huh? You won't find too many parents of kids saying this. Lacks the ability to coach the boys in difficult stretches with tangible advice especially down the stretch. Looks like he may be close to giving up "the Weave"offense which is good because he's never had the guards to effectively run it.

I will agree with you that the boys play hard with no star among them though. They can press well. Let's see if they learn to finish games well. Last week they had Squally on the ropes and completely fell apart in the 2nd half.

-Passion8

Obviously you forgot to check the Conference standings at the end of last season. They won the Conference with much less talent than Squalicum or BE. Another swing and miss Passion.

"Last week they had Squally on the ropes and completely fell apart in the 2nd half." Intersting. That's not what your coach said in his post game comments.

Not speaking of LaBree, but is unnerving to see some NWC coaches shrugging their shoulders (not knowing what to do) in the huddles or to their teams on the floor - really a confidence builder.

Spot on Chance. Warrant...after all these years...such a disappointing response from the likes of you. I often find myself agreeing with you, but not here. Sehome had a great year last year - in spite of the coaching and terrible offensive strategy. Did you forget the previous seasons? The boys they have this year play hard...really hard. I was very impressed with their first half of play against SQ. Watched AJ in the second half knowing SQ would make adjustments and knew AJ wouldn't. Lack the offensive weapons they'll need to be successful. Have known several players and parents there over the years. Think I'm blowing steam? Might talk to a few who've been around awhile.

I know you're smart enough to know that Dickson (SQ coach) isn't going to agitate another coach in the press and give nothing but praise to the other team. Good guy and good strategy.

Oh, and finally, how DID Sehome do after winning the conference last year? Uhhhh... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Coaching and preparation my friend.

Don't shoot the messenger Warrant. Merry Christmas!

-Passion8

Two years ago you called Mount Baker garbage. They went to the State Tournament and picked up a trophy. Last year you were bad-mouthing your own team at the beginning of the season and we know how that turned out.

"Did you forget the previous seasons?" No I didn't, but you obviously did. They took 5th in State his first year on the job. They won the Conference last year. He hasn't been there very long.

They played their guts out at the District Tournament last year. The loss to Anacortes was was one of the most exciting games I've watched in a long time. However, I seriously doubt you were there to watch it. There's no shame not making it out of our District. I've known some very good coaches that have gone home early. LaBree is one of them.

Keep on trolling Passion. Sooner or later someone is bound to take the hook.

LOL Warrant, looks like you did take the bait! Shall I go back and point out your failed predictions? They would fill a much bigger post than mine. Go ahead, be a fan of LaBree. I respectfully disagree! BTW, I was at the game as my friends son was playing! Uhhhhh....yeaaaaaaah.

Also, I wasn't bad mouthing "my own team." Clearly, coach Dickson did his finest job of coaching to finish 2nd in state with that team last year. I think we already established SQ didn't win the conference last year, didn't we? I guess I have been spoiled with an old school view that getting out of district really does mean something more than just showing up at the party.

You're missing the forest (on Sehome hill) through the trees...

It's OK though Warrant, you've helped revive the "bored" here.

Merry Christmas!

-Passion8

I don't know Warrent. It seems to me that if you win The Northwest League Conference and don't qualify for state - there might be a problem. You are good with stats. How many Conference winners in the past ten years haven't made it to state?

I know of one other top seed in the last 10 years that stumbled at District, Blaine. I believe it was 2002-2003. So it happens at least 20% of the time. But thanks for jumping into the middle gooddog1. There was no one out there that picked Sehome to finish on top in the NWC last season. They did an incredible job. Our District is tough, and there are no easy rides to State. They're not the first top seeded team to have that happen, nor will they be the last.
My original post was about a single game score that included comments about a young head coach who has done an excellent job. I don't need anyone on here to reinforce my opinion. I watch enough hoops to know.

"It's OK though Warrant, you've helped revive the "bored" here."

Seriously man, is that all you've got!

ADVERTISEMENT