ADVERTISEMENT

**2012 2A Playoff Pick 'Em** 1st Round Picks

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
According to my sources, the appeal in the GNL has been rejected, so it is time for the Pick 'Em to get started!

Here is how it is going to work. Short, Sweet, and Straight forward. The following 1st round matchups will be posted, pick each winner, and will be worth TWO points a piece. Last year we had a bit of a deal where people tried to pick the entire playoffs in one pick. THAT IS NOT HOW THIS WORKS. Each round will be posted separately, so this is a 1st round ONLY pick.

We do have some Friday games, so I am going to set the deadline as FRIDAY @ 6:30pm. Any picks after that time will not be valid. I know there were a few times in the NWC pick's that people tried to push that limit. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN HERE. If it comes in after 6:30, it is not valid.

Select your pick for each matchup, and for conversation purposes WHY. I will post standings after each round and then the next rounds matchups from there.

Hope everyone traveling drives safe, its a great time of year; good luck to every one of the final 16! Its a magical time of year, hope everyone enjoys it!

1st Round Matchups:

Burlington @ Orting
Capital @ Lakewood
MarkMorris @ Lynden
Kingston @ Sumner
ATM @ Bremerton
Seilacoom @ Tumwater
Cheney @ Othello
Prosser @ Pullman

Not really a 2A guy but here goes:

Burlington
Capital
Lynden
Sumner
ATM
Tumwater
Othello
Prosser

What the heck, a few of you are putting a little note so why not, i'm like the rest of you, can really only speak for about half the teams......

Burlington - I think this could be a great game, pretty good matchup for this week, but think both teams will be done in 2 weeks.

Lakewood - This game is a tough pick.... honestly i think Capital has the upper hand, but i'm an underdog type of guy and really Lakewood is a great team also, plus let's remember, anything can happen on any given day.

Lynden - These guys have been tough all year. After week one, they've been on a rampage.

Kingston - Dont know much on either team, so i flipped a coin:)

ATM - With the exception of this year, these guys are usually ready for anyone, but with all the chaos going on around there this year, i'm not sure how ready they are this year, but think they should get into at least the second round.

Tumwater - Another team that has been playing great. Only caught 2 games this year and they look like they're ready to make a run.

Othello - Being a eastsider, these guys have looked like the real deal. Offense, Defense, Special teams is clicking on all cylinders. Like someone else mentioned, there numbers have been ridiculous. They've given up no more then 14 points and i'm sure a few were on a jv squad, while scoring 30+ on a average. They can run and pass making it hard to know what's coming, and their defense is lights out! A downfall, they haven't really been tested since week 3 vs Prosser

Pullman- winning the gnl is no easy task as they are so evenly matched, however here they are, facing a prosser team that isnt as explosive as years past, however, still winning games and we know they have a great tradition. Should be a great game but sticking to the hounds.

This post was edited on 11/7 12:36 PM by nunya_biz

This post was edited on 11/7 12:41 PM by nunya_biz

I decided to edit to give my reason.

Burlington - They are traveling to a team that snuck into the playoffs. More battle tested and better athletes.

Capital - They play a physical style that I really haven't seen at the 2A level this year (everyone seems to be going more and more towards spread offenses.). I think they can wear down Lakewood.

Lynden - The favorite. Returning a large amount of players from last year's team. And they have home field advantage to boot.

Sumner - A power running game that is want to break the big play at any moment. I see them stacking up well against a
Kingston team that hasn't impressed me that much.

Bremerton - Quietly having a really strong year. They absolutely dominated their league (including a 37-0 win over Kingston), and have some stud athletes that can fly.

Tumwater - Tumwater is Tumwater... They don't make mistakes and they always have something up their sleeve. Battle tested every year in the EvCo, I expect them to make a deep run.

Othello - One of the favorites. Don't know much about the Eastern Wa. teams, but they have had ridiculous numbers this year.

Prosser - Just a step behind Othello, as they played them tough this year. They should get by Pullman, setting up an epic rematch against Othello.

This post was edited on 11/7 10:01 AM by Westside4

Just remembered my password.

Burlington
Capital
Lynden
Sumner
Archbishop
Tumwater
Othello
Prosser

I don't usually do this because I don't know anything about half the teams, but, what the heck:

Burlington: Tigers have shown steady improvement on defense the last 3 weeks.
Capital: Rumor on the street is the Cougars are one of the two bullies on the block.

Lynden: Mark Morris may be better than many think, but Lynden has them at home.

Sumner: Just a hunch.

Bremerton: They won their conference.

Tumwater: Because they have an old coach. Have heard their Pass "D" is a little suspect.

Othello: These guys always seem to be around at playoff time, and they seem to get better during the season.

Pullman: Another hunch play

Good luck to all the teams.

This post was edited on 11/8 7:15 AM by Warrant3

BEHS-27......Orting-13..........Tigers win because they win the turnover battle.
Capital-35.....Lakewood-21...Could be the team to beat!
Lynden-42....Mark Morris-7...The other team to beat!
Sumner-31...Kingston-14...Not sure why?
Brementon-28...ATM-27...Might be tightest 1st Round match-up!
Tumwater-49...Steilacoom-14...Could easily be in the Dome.
Othello-42....Cheney-21....Is it going to snow anytime soon?
Pullman-21...Prosser-17...Something good has to happen in Coug Land!

Not sure why I give scores, might nail 1 of 8!

Good Luck To All.........!

Dry-sider so hard to pick the wet-side matchups. Best guesses all around.

Burlington
Lakewood
Lynden
Kingston
Bremerton
Tumwater
Othello (Balanced attack with lights out D)
Pullman (Prosser barely escaped @Ephrata and seems to be fading)

Burlington - Not one of BE's best teams, but good enough here.
Capital - Have to pay attention to the good one's that drop down a classification.
Lynden - Still my favorite for the gold.
Sumner - Should step on easily.
Bremerton - Playing w/o their best 2-way player. (Details in the Bremerton Sun)
Tumwater - As someone said, "Tumwater is Tumwater."
Othello - I've seen them play. I'd put them a distant 4th, behind Lynden, Tumwater & Capital.
Prosser - Just a guess. (Just like the 7 other games!)

Burlington by 10
Capital in a barnburner, by 7
Lynden by 5 in a tightly contested game.
Kingston by 8
ATM by 3
Tumwater by 14
Othello by 17
Prosser by 6

Burlington OVER Orting: I was surprised to see Orting beat Lindburge last week. Burlington however, closed out the season well, and ran all over Lake Washington. Things going in the right direction for BE.

Capital OVER Lakewood: Ever since Lakewood barely got past Blaine, I have been a bit skeptical on the Cougars. Meanwhile, since their loss Tumwater, Capital has been rolling over people. Have not seen Lakewood in person, but I am not sure they will have the defense to keep Van Sickle in check.

Lynden OVER MarkMorris: I agree with the above posts stating this may be a better game than many realize. Although they play in a week league, they seem to put up quite a few points. The question lies in how good their D is. I doubt there is any better offense in the state at this level, so if the Monarchs are to have a shot, they will have to force some turnovers, early and often.

Sumner OVER Kingston: I know very little about this matchup. Have to go with the league champs, Sumner.

ATM OVER Bremerton: Looks like the Wildcats have worked through a nightmare of a start, and after getting things calmed down, they are back to doing what they do best, running the ball with Galgano.

Tumwater OVER Steilacoom: Will be interesting to hear what comes out of the recent news about suspensions in Tumwater. That said, They have more than enough talent to beat Steilacoom, irregardless.

Othello OVER Cheney: Interested to see Othello against some westside teams.

Prosser OVER Pullman: Would love to hear how a rematch against rivals turn out in the 2nd round.

Burlington... They seem to have put it back together since a rocky strech a few weeks ago.

Capital.... more playoff experience and great running game.

Lynden.... If MM can run the ball and limit Lynden's offensive possesions they could make a game out of it.

Sumner... Not sure why. Don't know much other than Kingston lost to Squalicum in week 1.

ATM.... They also seem to have put it back together and are always a tough playoff team.

Tumwater.... Unlees they have more players suspended than everyone seems to think.

Othello.... Sounds like they have a tough D, but thats what was said last year untill they played ATM.

Prosser.... But could be close.

ADVERTISEMENT