ADVERTISEMENT

To EVDevil03

BeefTopp04

Mar 26, 2005
I just wanted to know what happened to Scott Labree in the CWAC South Districts? You said he was better than Toppenish's #1 (who is going in the regionals ranked #2) and I don't think Scott even made it to regionals, I might be wrong. But yah, I just want to know, did he not play very well or did he get hurt? Just curious. . . thanks

well he got a seeded badly in sub districts...even though it wouldnt of made that much of a difference...he lost to two very good players: Tyler Hawkins from Connell and Marco Diaz of Grandview....two matches that could of went either way...and Toppenish #1 will prolly just win state...thats how his draws have been going..
This post was edited on 5/21 12:33 PM by EVDevil03if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

A series of bad stuff happened to LaBree in districts. As my friend (on my name) said before, he got a bad draw. The worst part opf the draw is that Diaz was up to face LaBree in the second round because he didn't want to play against Floyd early on cause they're from the same team. SO Diaz ,who is a good player, played him in the second round.That match really could have gone either way, it was three close sets, but, what happened to scott was this, (he told me this and i saw it), he hit a drop shot that he hit the ground on to end the game that put it at 2-2 in the third set. being pretty pumped about the shot and not having to immediately hit again, he didn't realize that he actually broke his tennis raquet, he ended up losing 6-3 after shanking about 20 shots into the net. after the match he realized what had happened. Then the next day, he played Tyler hawkins from connel (who had just played a three setter against Topp's #1 Ethan Reynolds the previous day), with a raquet he had never played with before, because they didn't make the model of raquet he played with anymore.they had a three setter that he ended up losing after missing a questionably called overhead long on the 6-5 point in a tie breaker in the second set after he had won the first. So ended the tournament for LaBree. Ethan probably was better than LaBree at the tournament, but he did lose to LaBree earlier in the season when they played. Thats his story, so tough luck and good luck to Ethan and Floyd at State, i'll be routing them both on.

Dang, that is pretty unfortunate for Labree. Breaking your racket on a weak dropshot (or i guess it was a good one). I mean when i break strings (and i break them often) i like to break them on huge forehands or overheads, you know what im sayin? That is a kinda sad way to end your tennis career, but i hope he had a good career and season. And as for Ethan at state, he plays a tough first round opponent in Tyson Mcguffin, so i will be anxious to see how that goes. As for Floyd, im hopin he takes state finally. Anyway, I'm out for now, thanks for the explanation on Labree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT