ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the team to beat in the 1A?

scac-bball9

Feb 16, 2010
I've watched Naches play a few times this year, but other than them I haven't seen any other good teams. Maybe it will be Kalama's year after coming up short in their past few tries.
Thoughts and Predictions?

Nick is no doubt the best high school pitcher I've ever seen, unfortunatley Nick will not pitch again this season, but he is doing a great job for the Nooks at DH. Nick hasnt pitched since mid April and Kalama has gone 9-0 without him pitching. The Chinooks have some very good young pitchers coming up and they have really stepped up, they just beat Castle Rock 12-0 and were leading game 2 of the DH 3-0 in the bottom of the third when it was called because of darkness. (will finish game Friday) Kalama will definitly be in the running, this is just going to make it a little more interesting. We wish Nick the best of luck on his quick and successful recovery and look forward to seeing him pitching again for WSU

Re: LaRoy update

well there goes kalamas chance at a title.

montesano, rochester, goldendale, and naches i'd say. but you never can predect a great upset so we'll see if a sleeper team surprises this year. i doubt it, should be one of these 4 teams i think

I don't think it will be Naches or Goldendale....neither team has that solid number two pitcher that you need to win a title...Cashmere beat Naches 10-1 last week so they have to be in the running

i like chimacum from the west. the soph lefty landon cray is very good. i like cashmere in the east. both have good pitching and they were in yakima last yr.

loads to be said for getting hot at the RIGHT time! Castle Rock has beaten the #1, #2 and #6 six ranked teams in three of their last four games. Now they get Chimicum this Saturday. Much like Texas hold'em, the best starting hand doesn't always win.
Best of luck to all the coaches and players that have worked hard all year to reach this point of the season.
This post was edited on 5/17 10:43 AM by redrocket61

ADVERTISEMENT